Ohio RTP

Check out what's happening in Region C

Ohio RTP

Postby mule » Mon May 06, 2013 6:28 pm

Ohio’s natural resources department is offering grants to help develop trails for all-terrain vehicles, off-road motorcycles and snowmobiles.

The state says about $400,000 is available for trail projects.

The natural resources department says the money is open to cities, counties, townships and nonprofits.

Those interested need to apply through the state’s Recreational Trails Program by the end of May.
mule

Re: Ohio RTP

Postby mule » Sun May 12, 2013 5:14 pm

This is the statement I received from D'Juan. During a normal grant cycle approximately $468,000.00 goes towards motorized recreational trails, $624,000.00 goes to diverse trails, and $468,000.00 goes towards non-motorized trails.

We are currently taking motorized applications in a special funding round, which ends on May 31, 2013. We have a total of $412,000.00 in motorized funding that we would like to authorize this year.

I have a copy of the application but I am not able to post on website due to size. If you would like a copy please provide an email address.

I have shared this information with Region C board, IOK, Tricounty. Clubs outside of EC4WDA that I belong to. I have also sent it to four wheel drive businesses.
mule

Postby mule » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:41 pm

Some more news on this topic
At the OMTA (Ohio Motorized Trail Association) meeting on November second a virtual video presentation was done by D’Juan and Mary Fitch mary.fitch@dnr.state.oh.us from DNR regarding the RTP program. Bill Kaeppner from OMTA has attended the annual meeting. Here is link to OMTA facebook page www.facebook.com/ohiomotorizedtrailsassociation.
mule

Postby mule » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:38 pm

Look at this facility http://www.monroeadventurepark.com/.
We are expecting a registration sell-out for Sand Drags, Mud Race, Hill Climb, Rock Crawl, Obstacle Course and Mud Bog so get your information to us as soon as possible or miss an opportunity to compete against some of the Northwests toughest competitors.

Would not it be great to get some RTP money to create a similar facility.
mule

Return to Region C