Ohio RTP

Talk about land use and the issues we face daily in trying to keep land open for our enjoyment

Ohio RTP

Postby mule » Mon May 06, 2013 6:28 pm

Ohio’s natural resources department is offering grants to help develop trails for all-terrain vehicles, off-road motorcycles and snowmobiles.

The state says about $400,000 is available for trail projects.

The natural resources department says the money is open to cities, counties, townships and nonprofits.

Those interested need to apply through the state’s Recreational Trails Program by the end of May.
mule

Re: Ohio RTP

Postby mule » Wed May 08, 2013 4:09 pm

Here is update from Ohio contact

I have attached a Word version of the RTP application to this email. During a normal grant cycle approximately $468,000.00 goes towards motorized recreational trails, $624,000.00 goes to diverse trails, and $468,000.00 goes towards non-motorized trails.

We are currently taking motorized applications in a special funding round, which ends on May 31, 2013. We have a total of $412,000.00 in motorized funding that we would like to authorize this year.

I am a little confused as to the different organization that are represented by the program. The RTP program is a federal grant program that receives its funding from the current federal transportation bill (MAP-21). It does not represent any particular organizations. It only awards grant dollars for the construction of recreational trails (non-motorized and motorized), support facilities, and land acquisitions associated with recreational trail use.

I hope that this information is helpful and if I can help you in any other way please let me know.

Thank you,

D'Juan S.M. Hammonds, MPA

Ohio Department of Natural Resources

Office of Real Estate

2045 Morse Road, E-2

Columbus, Ohio 43229

614.265.6417 Work

614.267.4764 Fax
mule

Postby mule » Sun May 12, 2013 9:53 am

When I contacted D'Juan I was given this name
Tom Cowher

Ohio Motorized Trail Association

426 Bristol Drive S.W.

Reynoldsburg, OH 43068

e-mail: tecowher@capengco.com

Your club or you should contact him to let him know about your club and activities.
mule

Postby mule » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:43 pm

Here is some news on this
At the OMTA (Ohio Motorized Trail Association) meeting on November second a virtual video presentation was done by D’Juan and Mary Fitch mary.fitch@dnr.state.oh.us from DNR regarding the RTP program. Bill Kaeppner from OMTA has attended the annual meeting. http://www.facebook.com/ohiomotorizedtrailsassociation. Here is link to OMTA facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/ohiomotorizedtrailsassociation.
mule

Postby mule » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:54 pm

RTP funds where used to create http://www.barnwellmountainra.com/about.html. Check it out. It has a lot of useful links.
mule

Return to Land Use